His Love Ministries Statement Of Faith
We believe that the Bible as originally written, was verbally and plenarily inspired, is the product of Spirit-controlled men, and, therefore, is truth without any mixture of error. We believe that “all Scripture is given by inspiration of God,” by which we understand the whole Bible is inspired in the sense that holy men of God “were moved by the Holy Spirit” to write the very words of Scripture. We believe that this divine inspiration extends equally and fully to all parts of the writings—historical, poetical, doctrinal, and prophetical such that the whole Bible as inspired by God is without any error. We believe that all the Scriptures center about the Lord Jesus Christ in His person and work in His first and second coming, and hence that no portion, even of the Old Testament, is properly read, or understood, until it leads to Him. We believe the Bible to be the center of true Christian unity and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds and opinions shall be tried.(Mark 12:26, 36; 13:11; Luke 24:27, 44; John 5:39; Acts 1:16; 17:2-3; 18:28; 26:22-23; 28:23; Romans 15:4; 1 Corinthians 2:13; 10:11; II Timothy 3:16, 17; II Peter 1:19, 20, 21).
• There is one true God, eternally existing in three persons–Father, Son and Holy Spirit—each of whom equally possesses all the attributes of Deity and the characteristics of personality.
• Jesus Christ is God, the living Word, who became flesh through His miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit and His virgin birth. Hence, He is perfect Deity and true humanity united in one person forever.
• Jesus Christ lived a sinless life and voluntarily atoned for the sins of men by dying on the cross as their substitute, thus satisfying divine justice and accomplishing salvation for all who trust in Him alone.
• Jesus Christ rose from the dead in the same body, though glorified, in which He lived and died.
• Jesus Christ ascended bodily into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God the Father, where He, the only mediator between God and man, continually makes intercession for His own.
• Man is created in the image of God. All have sinned disobeying God; thus, man is alienated from His creator. That historic fall brought all mankind under divine condemnation.
• Man’s nature is corrupted, and he is totally unable to please God. Every man is in need of salvation by regeneration and renewal by the Holy Spirit.
• The salvation of man is entirely a work of God’s free grace and is not the work, in whole or in part, of human works or goodness or religious ceremony. God imputes His righteousness to those who put their faith in Christ alone for their salvation, and thereby justifies them forever in His sight.
• It is the privilege of all who are born again of the Spirit to be assured of their salvation from the very moment in which they trust Christ as their Savior and Lord. This assurance is not based on any kind of human merit, but is produced by the witness of the Spirit, who confirms in the believer the testimony of God in His written Word.
• The Holy Spirit has come into the world to reveal and glorify Christ and to apply the saving work of Christ to men. He convicts and draws sinners to Christ, imparts new life to them, continually indwells them from the moment of spiritual birth and seals them until the day of redemption. His fullness, power and control are appropriated in the believer’s life by faith. Every believer is called to live in the power of the indwelling Spirit that he might not fulfill the lust of the flesh but will bear fruit to the glory of God.
• Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church, His Body, which is composed of all men, living and dead, who have been joined to Him through saving faith.
• God admonishes His people to assemble together in local churches for worship, for participation in the ordinances of believer’s baptism and the Lord’s Table, for edification through the Scriptures and for mutual encouragement.
• At physical death the believer immediately enters into eternal, conscious fellowship with the Lord and awaits the resurrection of his body to everlasting glory and blessing.
• At physical death the unbeliever enters immediately into eternal, conscious separation in Hades away from the Lord and awaits the resurrection of his body to everlasting judgment and condemnation in the Lake of Fire.
• Jesus Christ will come again to the earth personally, visibly and bodily to consummate history and the eternal plan of God.
• The Lord Jesus Christ commanded all believers to proclaim the gospel throughout the world and to disciple men of every nation in the context of the local church. The fulfillment of the Great Commission requires that all worldly and personal ambitions be subordinated to a total commitment to “Him who loved us and gave Himself for us.”